Gwendoline Christie cast in The Darkest Minds

Gwendoline ChristieGame of Thrones star Gwendoline Christie will star in the film adaptation of Alexandra Bracken’s YA novel, The Darkest Minds.

According to Empire Online, The Darkest Minds will star Amandla Stenberg (The Hunger Games), Mandy Moore (This is Us), and Christie and will be directed by Jennifer Yuh Nelson (Kung Fu Panda 1 and 2).

Here is a brief synopsis of the film’s plot:

“The film takes place in a post-apocalyptic America where 98% of children have been wiped out by a vicious disease, and the remaining 2% develop superhuman powers. Those remaining super-kids are rounded up and put into government-run internment camps for the safety of themselves and those around them. Stenberg plays Ruby, the 16-year-old who manages to escape the camp with a group of superpowered teens in tow. Christie will play the government-hired bounty hunter tasked with tracking the young fugitives down at any cost.”

The Darkest Minds is the first of a series of novels by Alexandra Bracken. The other books in the series are: Never Fade, In the Afterlight, and Through the Dark.

The film is due to be released in 2018. Christie will be next seen as Brienne of Tarth on the seventh season of Game of Thrones.

Watch this space for more news on The Darkest Minds.